For the last number of years, Summerhill has been posting end of Key Stage 2 results well above both national and Sefton averages. Under the harder testing regime of 2016, this was no different, Summerhill posting their best results to date.
Using the government’s own comparison website (www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk) which anyone can access, we can see that in 2016, out of the 85 primary schools in Sefton, Summerhill came:
3rd in the percentage of pupils achieving the expected standard in Reading, Writing and Maths
2nd for the percentage of pupils achieving at a higher standard
1st for the highest average score in Sefton for Reading and Maths and was ranked 7th for Writing.
These are tremendous results and are a testament to all the hard work given by the governors, staff, parents and not least, the pupils of Summerhill Primary.
We should all feel rightly proud.
Attendance and Punctuality Matter!
Regular and punctual attendance is an essential prerequisite to effective learning. At Summerhill Primary, we aim to develop an ethos which demonstrates to children, parents/carers and the wider community how much we value good attendance and punctuality.
At Summerhill Primary School, we believe that:
- Pupils need to attend school every day so that they can take full advantage of and enjoy the educational opportunities available.
- Less than 95% attendance or persistent lateness undermines quality learning and leads to educational disadvantage.
- Children who attend school every day and on time, make better progress and have better life chances.
Parents/carers are responsible for ensuring that their children:
- Attend school every day
- Arrive at school on time, in uniform, ready to learn
- Are absent only for reasons that can be authorised
- Inform the school of the reason for any absence and the likely return date, before 9.15am on the first day of absence. By note, personal contact or by phone.
- Inform the school office prior to a medical and/or dental appointment, a copy of the appointment letter will need to be seen. Please arrange these for out of school hours.
Year 3 are creating The Iron Man using different tones and textures with different grades of pencil.
Year 1 had an exciting morning when a rocket landed in the playground!
Year 6 enjoying their first Mindfulness session
We think the caterpillars have enjoyed the summer holidays eating our cabbages!
Some more photographs from yesterday. Good luck Year 6!