Fantastic 2017 Results!
In 2016, Summerhill produced fantastic results well above national standards at the end of KS2, placing us in the highest percentage brackets nationally.
We are pleased to report that 2017 has been no different, with school posting fabulous results throughout the school:
At the end of reception, 0ver 83% of children achieved an overall good level of development, compared to 70.7% nationally.
In KS1, children bettered national results in each of Reading, Writing and Maths at both expected standard and those achieving greater depth (apart from Writing).
At the end of KS2, children again beat national results in all areas, posting nationally recognisable progress scores.
A full outline of these results can be found on the website.
This is all just reward for all the hard work the children themselves put in – they all deserve the highest praise. But it is also down to the team behind them – parents, grandparents and everyone working hard at Summerhill.
Working together, we are all a fantastic team.
Attendance and Punctuality Matter!
Regular and punctual attendance is an essential prerequisite to effective learning. At Summerhill Primary, we aim to develop an ethos which demonstrates to children, parents/carers and the wider community how much we value good attendance and punctuality.
At Summerhill Primary School, we believe that:
- Pupils need to attend school every day so that they can take full advantage of and enjoy the educational opportunities available.
- Less than 95% attendance or persistent lateness undermines quality learning and leads to educational disadvantage.
- Children who attend school every day and on time, make better progress and have better life chances.
Parents/carers are responsible for ensuring that their children:
- Attend school every day
- Arrive at school on time, in uniform, ready to learn
- Are absent only for reasons that can be authorised
- Inform the school of the reason for any absence and the likely return date, before 9.15am on the first day of absence. By note, personal contact or by phone.
- Inform the school office prior to a medical and/or dental appointment, a copy of the appointment letter will need to be seen. Please arrange these for out of school hours.
Wishing Miss O’Sullivan a wonderful wedding day tomorrow! 🎩 👰
We have welcomed all our families in to St Andrew’s Church for our Christmas service
Today is our Christmas Church service at St Andrews Church, Damfield Lane, Maghull starting at 10am. All children a… https://t.co/sdBEDV06kA
Year 3 have been exchanging Christmas cards with their Spanish pen pals #SummerhilSpanish
Year 3 have been exchanging Christmas cards with their Spanish pen pals #SummerhillSpanish