Head Boy and Head Girl 2017-2018
Summerhill Primary School Head Boy/Head Girl Job Description
Main Purposes of the Job
To support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team in promoting and representing the school.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Represent the school at certain events.
- Make speeches promoting the school.
- Show visitors around.
- Liaise with the school council.
- Be available before and after school when required.
- Take an active role in assemblies.
- Be visible in school – all pupils should know you. And be inspired and motivated by you.
- Always promote the school at every opportunity.
- Support school teams (cultural and sporting) with your attendance, assistance or participation.
- Liaise with staff to run/organise school events.
- Supervision at lunch or break when asked to do specific tasks with pupils.
- Develop the role and status of the position for future Year 6 classes and talk them to about your work in the summer term.
An agreement to the role:
I will have confidence in myself, publically valuing my education and striving to be the best I can be.
I will make my teacher aware of any problems or issues that I may have with the role as soon as they arise.
I will put in a good effort into all classwork, complete my homework properly and on time, bring all necessary equipment to school each day.
I will show courtesy and respect to all other members of Summerhill Primary at all times and be polite and kind to everyone in school. I will treat others as I would like to be treated – with consideration, fairness and care.
I will strive for 100% attendance and be punctual to school every day.
I will always wear the correct uniform and P.E. kit and be smart and tidy.
I will follow the school rules and behaviour policy and behave in a manner I am expected to, accepting appropriate sanctions and rewards.
I will use very opportunity to develop my talents and abilities in class and in extra-curricular activities.
I will tell an adult if there is any trouble in school and not get involved in name calling, arguments or fighting.
I understand that failure to adhere to these expectations will result in losing my status for a fixed period of time or permanently.